The right tool for my task

Hi,

I have another question. I have a particular task and would like to know if
you think DokBook is the right tool for this task:
I have a Java library and would like to make a tutorial structured similar
to http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
The tutorial consists of different trails each consisting of different pages
and a TOC linked together. The layout of the header and footer of these
pages should be the same for all of them, just the links do change. So I would
like to specify the header and footer at a single place with parameters to
configure them. And I would like that the TOC is generated automatically. Of
course I could do that with a CGI-program but I would like to have a bunch of
static HTML-files in the end, so one could view the tutorial offline without
needing a CGI-capable webserver at hand.
Is it possible to do this in DocBook and then generate these HTML-pages? Or
is there a better tool for this task? Note that images, links and links
behind images should be supported. (Is it possible to generate a HTML-file that
embeds an applet?)

Thanks for your help.

Greez
Florian