docbook and msxml 4 sp1

There has been a thread about editors and Docbook that originated with a query about XMLSpy.

Yesterday, I downloaded an evaluation version of a Windows based product from Wattel (sp?) called XMLWriter.

I loaded the small Docbook artical I'm working on and clicked the validate button. The validation, which is successful in XMetaL and Saxon, failed. The error message took me to dbcentx.mod, line 308 and printed the message, "Parameter entity must be defined before it is used."

Lines 307 - 9 of dbcentx.mod are:
<![ %ISOamsa.module; [
%ISOamsa;
]]>

And, obviously, ISOamsa *is* defined, beginning on line 174 of the same file.

XMLWriter relies on the MS XML parser and I had installed the latest, SP1 version to follow vendor recommendations.

After writing to their tech support, I was asked to submit my files for them to test. Before I try to figure out what they mean by "my files", I thought I'd ask here for information about bugs, etc. in the MS parser. I had the general impression that MS was doing pretty well with it; now, I'm not sure.

Anyone have any comments? I haven't seen anything go by on the list about MS utilities for ages, which may be its own answer to my question -- it doesn't work. I should have searched the list archives, but I'd gotten to the end of the note before it occurred to me; sorry.

Thanks from Wattel for whatever you can pass along to me.

Regards. ...edN