Re: XSL DocBook v.1.58

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 04:55:54PM +0100, Malo Pichot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I'm in the good mailing list for repporting this possible
> bug in the Stylesheet :-)
>
> <footnote> is not possible in <section><itemizedlist/></section>
> BUT
> <footnote> is possible in <chapter><itemizedlist/></chapter>
>
> Please try my simples test-docs :
>
> "section.xml"
> <section>
>   <title>Arbre de concepts</title>
>   <para>
>     <itemizedlist>
>       <listitem>
>         <para>
>           Une liste non ordonnie
>           <footnote>
>             <para>
>               Une note de bas de page dans une liste non
> ordonnie.
>             </para>
>           </footnote>
>         </para>
>       </listitem>
>     </itemizedlist>
>   </para>
> </section>
>
> "chapter.xml"
> <chapter>
>   <title>Arbre de concepts</title>
>   <para>
>     <itemizedlist>
>       <listitem>
>         <para>
>           Une liste non ordonnie
>           <footnote>
>             <para>
>               Une note de bas de page dans une liste non
> ordonnie.
>             </para>
>           </footnote>
>         </para>
>       </listitem>
>     </itemizedlist>
>   </para>
> </chapter>

Yes, it is a bug in the HTML stylesheets, still present
in 1.60.  The bug is actually that no footnotes are output
(regardless of whether they are in a list or not)
when your document element is <section>. It doesn't occur
when you have a section inside a <chapter>.

In the HTML stylesheets, a 'process.footnotes'
template needs to be called at the appropriate time to
actually output the footnotes at the bottom of the
HTML file.  An extra step needs to be added to the
match="section" template to see if it is the root element,
and to call the 'process.footnotes' template if it is.

I filed a bug report (#676219) on SourceForge for this.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com