Re: [XML-SIG] Replacing a Java tool-chain with 4Suite?

Hello all,

I was asked to post a message to the docbook list regarding an error that arises when running Python's xmlproc_val script across a simple file which includes the DocBook 4.2 XML DTD like so:

8<____ test.xml ___
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"; [
]>
<book>
</book>

xmlproc_val gives 26 errors, 19 are of this type (all errors show in dbcentx.mod):

E:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbcentx.mod:308:10: Internal error: External PE references not allowed in declarations

there are then 13 errors regarding multiple definitions of attributes similar to this:

W:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:2:2: Attribute 'id' defined more than once
W:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:3:2: Attribute 'lang' defined more than once
W:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:4:2: Attribute 'remap' defined more than once

and then another set of errors with a warning interspersed:

E:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:3:10: 'linespecific' is not an allowed value for the 'format' attribute
W:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:2905:3: Attribute 'float' defined more than once

I was asked to post to the group so that you could debate which of xmlproc or DocBook needs to be fixed. It's not necessary to keep me abreast of the discussion, as I don't actually need validation for my application.

Enjoy,
Mike Fletcher