Re: Problem redeclaring tables in docbook customization layer

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 02:02:21PM +0100, Anahi Olives/UPC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a customization layer for docbook, but I don't know how to
> redeclare tables. I'm starting now with xml and I've understand how to
> ignore, modify, remove elements, mixtures and classes, but with the
> calstblx.dtd file I don't know what do I have to do and where do I have to
> place the modifications. I only want to make these changes:
>
> <!ENTITY % tbl.table-main.mdl "(tgroup+|graphic+)">
> I want that appears this:
> <!ENTITY % tbl.table-main.mdl "(tgroup+|imageobject+)">
>

> <!ENTITY % tbl.entry.mdl "(para|warning|caution|note|legend|%paracon;)*">
> I want that appears this:
> <!ENTITY % tbl.entry.mdl "(para|%paracon;)*">
>
> I have my customization layer (dtd file), and the mod files rdbpool
> (redeclare pool mixtures), rdbhier (redeclare hierarchy mixtures), rdbhier2
> (redeclare hierarchy content model entities), rdbhier3 (redeclare hierarchy
> elements) and rdbinter (redeclare pool elements).
> Please, can anyone explain me in detail what do I have to do?

You are in luck.  Since all your changes can be done with
changes to existing parameter entities, you only have to
declare them before they are declared in the calstblx
module.  That module is pulled in by the dbpoolx module.
You can put your declarations right in your main
customization driver file anywhere above where the dbpoolx
module is pulled in.

If this is the only change you want, then your entire
customization layer could consist of just this:

<!ENTITY % tbl.table-main.mdl "(tgroup+|imageobject+)">
<!ENTITY % tbl.entry.mdl "(para|%paracon;)*">

<!ENTITY % docbook PUBLIC
     "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
     "docbookx.dtd">
%docbook;