Re: Re: XInclude vs. external entities (Re: The best way to'include' parts...)

Ok, now some bells are ringing, faintly.

Obviously this is Java code. My understanding is that XInclude is only implemented in xsltproc, etc.; is this an error on my part?

Does xsltproc have URI resolver capabilities?

Thanks again. ...edN

Zhuravleva, Tatyana wrote:
I've been trying to download the URI resolver from
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/ for two weeks now; keep getting some transaction error.
Is there any alternative location where I could get it?...

Thanks a lot
<snip/>
Norman Walsh wrote:
<snip/>
If I was going to use XInclude in my own system, I'd use URNs and allow
the URI resolver to get the right filename:

 <xi:include href="urn:publicid:-:Norman+Walsh:Document+My+File:EN"/>

Sorry, Norm. Could you please give a "real" example. I am confused by the proliferation of dashes, colons and plus signs. I sort of see a PUBLIC identifier there but I'm not sure and I don't make a connection to where this resolution takes place, how this href string is broken down and then put back together again. Little steps, please.

A pointer to some documentation on this would be a help, as well.

Thanks, this is really looking interesting as a win-win situation.

...edN