Re: Re: On the size of DocBook...

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 05:20:38AM +0000, Matt G. wrote:
> This may not please application developers, but I think that users who
> don't care enough about semantics that they would use a wysiwyg-style
> editor don't typically need domain-specific semantics.  Just create a
> "core" DocBook that has all/most of the elements needed to represent
> whatever document structures someone may desire.  Application developers
> not wanting to parse customized DTDs and stylesheets would have the option
> of supporting only that.

We could even keep generic elements in the core DTD, and define
architectural mappings of module elements into the core DTD, so that
domain-specific processors need only know about their own module, even
if other modules are used.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique