Re: docbook vs latex

/ jonathon <jblake@eskimo.com> was heard to say:
| 	To grab a fairly useful book on computer science.
|
| 		Donald E Knuth
| 		Volume 3:  Searching and Sorting:  The art of COmputer Programming
| 		Addison Wesley Publishing Company:  Reading, MA:  1973
| 		ISBN  0-201-03803-X
|
| 	Can that book be written using DocBook?
| 	[ It obviously can be written using LaTeX. ]

LaTeX? I wouldn't bet on it. TeX certainly, but LaTeX is another
matter. Could that book be written in XML? Certainly. In DocBook,
well, that's another matter.

Should it be the goal of the DocBook TC to support writing TAOCP in
DocBook?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The art of being wise is the art
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | of knowing what to
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | overlook.--William James