Re: Playing with annotations...

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| At 06:56 20/08/2002, Norman Walsh wrote:

|>Simple display of annotations puts them inline:
|>
|>  Hello World[<a>Annotation</a>]
|
| +1, blatent.

I think this is my preference as well. It seems especially superior
when the element in question contains more than one annotation.

|>popup uses JavaScript to make hovering over the link popup a window
|>containing the annotation. Non-popup doesn't, but uses JavaScript to
|>popup a new browser window if the user clicks on it.
|
| Bleah is how Norm once spelled it I think.
| javascript and docbook don't mix Norm.

Well, JavaScript is only on the HTML side. If you unpack the archive,
you can see how it works.

| 'Treat as per footnotes' is my favourite now.
| (Is Paul normally this 'deep' with his questions :-)

Almost invariably. :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A proof tells us where to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | concentrate our doubts.--Anonymous
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |