Re: Some detail questions

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> was heard to say:
|>    When I chunk the pages appropriately, the "some text" para will appear
|>    on the same html page below the chapter toc. Though I can understand
|>    why this is so, I would like to change this behaviour. How could I do
|>    that?
|
| This behavior currently is not controlled with any parameter.
| I think Norm was working on enabling at some point.

It's really hard. Even trying to get something as simple as a
parameter for putting ToCs on a separate page is maddening.

| You'd have to customize the chunking behavior, which
| is not a simple thing.

Easier in XSL than it was in DSSSL. And easier still if you're doing
it in a customization layer so you don't care about making the changes
parameterized. But still not simple.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Whoever is abandoned by hope has
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | also been abandoned by fear; this
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | is the meaning of the word