From: Matthew L. Avizinis [mailto:mla@gleim.com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 8:43 AM
To: Richard Lander; docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: reasoning behind index terms

thanks for your input.  Further comments inline.
matthew l. avizinis

2¢-->This seems to be getting at what I am after, but I don't quite know what you mean by "different content models".

> The XSLT doesn't have to be any longer. Your template can match
> multiple elements, then calculate the level, or use a choose ...
2¢-->Yes, I showed this.  However, their argument for simpler code is based on the assertion that "if" we wanted to add a fourth level then we'd have to change the XSLT code with an explicit index naming scheme whereas the other method might not require any change to the code at all.  My contention is that even if that is true, the changes would be virtually trivial.