line numbering (Re: Re: Stylesheet for the Oasis publications)

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: Thomas Bikeev <Bikeev@ean-int.org>
Cc: "'docbook@lists.oasis-open.org'" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Stylesheet for the Oasis publications
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:35:41 -0400

| in particular I am trying to find out how to add the line numbering the
| document so it can be easily commented.

That's hard to do. I don't know of a good DocBook solution.
Are you aware of any attempts to address this, in future versions of XSL-FO? It seems like it'd have to be a specialized feature. I know XSL-FO is already quite complex, but this is something that only the formatter could really do.

Matt Gruenke