Re: Issues with processing expectations of the proposedannotation element

At 10:49 27/06/2002 +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:

Markup wise, same thing different name?

It seems to me that <remark> would be just a special case of
<annotation> (class="(Editorial|ProofReader)", and maybe a couple
more), and that <footnote> could be merged into <annotation> as well,
but I'd rather not use "footnote" as a class value, as it has IMHO too
much layout-oriented connotation.  Maybe footnotes could be made the
default processing for <annotation>, and some annotation classes
(eg. editorial comments) would be possible to render as marginalia.
Principle being that annotations (== notes?) default to being
placed at the end (of something) unless another location is
specified... where? in the source or in the stylesheet :-)

regards DaveP