Re: Marginalia

Just in case it wasn't known, LaTeX does marginalia. They're called
marginal notes (\marginpar). The discussion on pp. 59-60 of
Lamport's "LaTeX: Users's Guide and Reference Manual, 2/e" mentions that
they are not handled efficiently by LaTeX.

LaTeX moves a marginal note down so it doesn't bump into a previous one
and issues a warning. Also marginal notes always stay on one page. They
will overflow past the bottom of the page.

It seems to me that marginal notes are an example of where it's hard to
separate logical structure from presentation.

--- Vladimir

--------
Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir@acm.org
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014