interface tag

Hello,

I have a question about the interface tag. The latest version of the TDG
that I have seen (V2.0.4+) says:

"An Interface identifies some part of a graphical user interface. This
element became obsolete in DocBook V3.0 with the introduction of
GUIButton, GUIIcon, GUILabel, GUIMenu, GUIMenuItem, and GUISubMenu."

So what is the purpose of the interface tag now? Is it still being used?

Thanks,
Eugene

BTW, I'm new to this list. I'm working with the Sun GNOME documentation
team - we are putting back our documentation to GNOME, including a User
Guide for GNOME and manuals for GNOME applications and applets. So we
are using DocBook XML 4.1.2.