Re: Linking in DocBook V5.0

/ Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> was heard to say:
|   I suggest to do this for elements for which DocBook already
| has a linking semantic. To anchor that semantic in the syntax.

Makes sense.

|   My point was that for the instance to link to its linkbase, it must
| have an element holding xlink:type='extended', so please don't forbit
| that possibility :-)

That's not my reading of the XLink spec. An element with
xlink:type='extended' *is an extended link*, it doesn't point to
one. What you want, I believe, is something like this:

  <link role="linkbase"
        xlink:type="simple"
        xlink:href="myLinkBase.xml"
        xlink:arcrole="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/properties/linkbase";