Re: author email

/ Jack Moffitt <jack@xiph.org> was heard to say:
| It seems that the current way of doing this is:
|
| <author>
| <firstname>Jack</firstname>
| <surname>Moffitt</surname>
| <affiliation>
| </affiliation>
| </author>

Yes, that's right. Better "name and address" markup is on my list.

| Now DocBook:TDG 2.0.2 says:
|
| "AuthorBlurb and Affiliation will be removed from the inline content of
| Author in DocBook V4.0. A new wrapper element will be created to hold
| Author, AuthorBlurb, and Affiliation."
|
| What is this wrapper element?

We didn't go through with that plan.

| Also, what happens when two authors have the same affiliation, but wish
| to list different email addresses?  Do they each have a shared
| affiliation and a unique affiliation with only the email address?  Or
| is each author required to have their own affiliation?

Each other has to have their own affiliation.

| Would it not make more sense to have an <authorinfo> element with
| contact information and affiliation as possible children?  Certainly I
| may write a document that is not under a certain affiliation but on
| which I'd still like to publish my email address :)

Exactly the problem that new markup is supposed to address.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | When we are tired, we are attacked
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | by ideas we conquered long
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | ago.--Nietzsche