Re: Forcing seperate documents

* Derek Dees:

> I  can't  tell you  how  to  force  separate entities  into  different
> documents, but I can  tell you that it is possible to  turn off ToC in
> each chapter. If  you go into  the html/param.xsl  and do a  search on
> toc, Norm has labeled everything (Good job there) and it's a matter of
> replacing 1  with 0  to turn  it off. I do  that for  most of  my HTML
> documents, since my  stuff is short enough that  it's more distracting
> than useful.

I'd rather write a special  XSLT stylesheet overriding these values.  It
is considered  very bad  practise to  modify the  original distribution.
Here is a sample XSLT that does the job:

--------------------------------toc.xsl---------------------------------
<?xml version='1.0'?>

<xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0">

<xsl:import href='/usr/local/share/xml/docbook/xsl/modular/html/docbook.xsl' />

<xsl:param name="generate.component.toc" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="generate.division.toc" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="toc.section.depth">4</xsl:param>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Simply process your doc with toc.xsl instead of docbook.xsl, so you have
a maintainable setup...
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/