From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot [mailto:jb.quenot@smartcanal.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 7:33 AM
To: Fredrik Eriksson
Cc: docbook
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: 400 setup and configs later...

I  then switched  to  FreeBSD  (which is  a  logic  way after  Slackware
IMHO  ;)  and I  was  very  impressed  by  the ports  collection,  which
automagically fetches,  compiles and installs your  packages, along with
their dependencies.

Example: DocBook

* Tell FreeBSD to install the DocBook DTD:
cd /usr/ports/textproc/docbook/
make install

* Tell FreeBSD to install DocBook's DSSSL stylesheets
cd /usr/ports/textproc/dsssl-docbook-modular/
make install

* Tell FreeBSD to install Jade
cd /usr/ports/textproc/jade/
make install

* Tell FreeBSD to install JadeTex (for PDF output)
cd /usr/ports/print/jadetex/
make install

Of  course, TeTeX  is a  dependency of  jadetex, and  will therefore  be
installed automatically if it is missing.

That's all!
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot