Re: tagging package names (rpm, deb)

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:14:28PM -0700, David Johnson wrote:
> The FreeBSD documentation project added several tags that they felt were=
=20
=20
> Linux documentation project also working on a DocBook extension? Perhaps =
this=20
> is where a package tag should go. Maybe Debian needs to create it's own=
=20
> extensions for its own use.

[ Again, speaking as the person primarily responsible for DocBook on
  FreeBSD ]

I would very much like to work with the Linux community to ensure that
we don't reinvent the wheel, and that (perhaps) we can share one "Open
Source Operating System" DTD between us, to aid document portability.

Anyone interested in working on this should get in touch with me
directly.  The FreeBSD DocBook extensions can be found at=20

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dtd

--=20

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ--