Re: Printing double/triple-dash within tex/pdftex

At 01:00 PM 5/8/01 +0200, Georg Lohrer wrote:
>Hello,

Hmmm, can you wrap your lines correctly. It makes quoting easier.

>I'm new to DocBook and quite familiar with LaTeX, pdfLaTeX. I'm running
>DocBook 4.1 and have written a document with several <screen> tags in it. I
>discovered a really strange behaviour with some special characters.
>I've written in my sgml-file:
>
><screen format='linespecific'>
>    ./configure --prefix=/user/blabla
></screen>
>
>And running openjade does a good job with html- or rtf-output. But with
tex or
>even pdf-output the "--" double dash is passed to the jadetex-inputfile
still
>as "--". Within TeX it's now converted to the endash character and printed
out
>in that form. Using pure LaTeX I'm using the verbatim-environment and the
>problem has gone, but within DocBook I don't know how to do that.

What I currently do is pass the .tex file through sed and change all >> to
>{>} and << to <{<}. I imagine that if I were to change -- to -{-} as well,
all would work.

I am working on a fix in OpenJade, but cannot yet link OpenJade 1.4.

>Ciao, Georg

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com