Re: Document Metadata

/ "<s.yeates@cs.waikato.ac.nz>" <say1@goblin.cs.waikato.ac.nz> was heard to say:
| I'm looking at recording bibliometric data using DocBook. I notice that the
| BookBiblio tag is about to be dropped from DocBook.

That's not really significant because biblioentry and bibliomixed
provide all the functionality that bookbiblio provided.

| I want to be able to represent that a document refers to another document. I
| want to be able to do this using a direct reference (if i have the document)

What do you mean by 'direct reference'? Do you mean a link in online
presentation or something else?

| or using a list of known bibliographic information if i don't.

For bibliographic information, you can use a bibliography containing
biblioentry or bibliomixed elements.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He that shuns trifles must shun
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the world.--George Chapman
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |