*Experimental* DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.30 released

Folks,

I've just published version 1.30 of the DocBook XSL Stylesheets.  The
most significant changes have to do with extensions (including Xalan2
support), but there are a few other things.

The RenderX folks sent me a collection of updates to the FO
stylesheets which I expect to incorporate into a 1.31 release sometime
next week.

Please consider these release notes before you attempt to upgrade.

These are release notes for the DocBook XSL Stylesheets Version 1.30

*** THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE ***

- Xalan V1 is no longer supported for chunking, use Xalan V2
- Xalan V2 chunking sometimes fails. I don't think it's my bug.
- Saxon V6.1 is not supported, use 5.5.1, 6.0, or 6.2.1 or later instead
- Saxon V6.2 is not supported, use 5.5.1, 6.0, or 6.2.1 or later instead
- Chunking does not work with Saxon 6.2.1 (Michael Kay removed saxon:output
  in favor of xsl:document and xsl:document causes problems with other
  processors. I expect Michael to put saxon:output back in a future release,
  so it might work in 6.2.2 or later.)
- XT doesn't work with docbook.xsl, use xtdocbook.xsl instead

Extension support is provided for Saxon and Xalan V2. In order to use
the extensions, you must specify the appropriate Jar file on your
path:

- extensions/xalan.jar for Xalan2
- extensions/saxon551.jar for Saxon 5.5.1
- extensions/saxon6 for Saxon 6.0
- extensions/saxon61 for Saxon 6.2.1 or later (yeah, I know that's wierd)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The perfect man has no method; or
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | rather the best of methods, which
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | is the method of