Strange newlines in HTML output

Hi!

I compared recently HTML output of an SGML document written in DocBook and
Linuxdoc and I'm wondering, why HTML output does look so strange:

<HTML
><HEAD
><TITLE
></TITLE
><META
NAME="GENERATOR"

Yes, I mean the newlines before the '>' sign.

The other thing is that tex output from SGML document with LANG
set to 'pl' does not contain polish language definition. I'm not an expert in
SGML, but I know, that using Linuxdoc this problem does not appear. Do you have
any suggestions ? I'm using James Clark's stylesheets.

--
Ryszard Łach
Internet Designers s.c.