Re: DocBook guide and other issues.

/ Horacio <homega@ciberia.es> was heard to say:
| Since DocBook is gearing towards xml, I wondered if a future re-release
| of "The Definitive Guide" will be a revised edition or rather a sequel
| with more emphasis on xml, but altogether a different book.  For those

The next release of the book will include additional reference
material for the new elements in DocBook 4, coverage of XSL for
publishing (thanks to Bob Stayton), and more emphasis on XML.

| of us (at least for me) who bought the first edition it would be
| pointless to get a just a revision.

Well, you might be content then to simply read the new parts online.
If you'd prefere a completely different book, what would you like it
to be? :-)

| If there's no planning to release a revision/sequel in the near future,
| could you please point me to a good book which you might consider as an
| "advanced complement" focusing on xml?

The number of books on XML are legion. Check out xml.com or Robin
Cover's materials on www.oasis-open.org for pointers to the better
ones.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The stone fell on the pitcher? Woe
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to the pitcher. The pitcher fell
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | on the stone? Woe to the