Re: question

Hi Mary,

You are absolutely right, I just realized it is not so easy for
uninitiated to know what DocBook means exactly. The official definition

"DocBook is an SGML DTD maintained by the DocBook Technical Committee of
OASIS. It is particularly well suited to books and papers about computer
hardware and software (though it is by no means limited to these
applications)."

Does not help a lot...
In simple terms, it is kind of a programmation language which allows the
generation of many output formats (HTML, PostScript, RTF, etc.) when
writting documentation, from one single dource SGML file. The code
(written in DocBook "language") is preferably generated manually, so
that it is not a WYSIWYG way of writting doc.

For more information:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/chapter/book/docbook.html

Regards, Camille.

--
Get your head off the keyboard and look behind the screen.