Re: Re: DocBook markup and possibly a RFE. --- One more! ;-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> | 2. Network protocols (e.g. PPP, TCP/IP)
>
> <acronym>?

But does <acronym> fully cover it from a 'dtd created for computer
systems' point of view? It is possible that a search engine based on
the SGML/XML would have a user asking for particular protocols.

> | 5. Program names (not filenames or application names) for marking up
> |    programs such as "grep".
>
> <command>?

I agree here - this is what I have always used for 'command line'
programs and scripts.

And I will reiterate some that I have already put in as RFEs....

Macros are essentially a group of functions so <function> is the
closest we have but really doesn't describe it well enough for the
average developer/writer using them.

Signals - whenever an object emits a signal I sit in wonderment on
what I should mark that signal up as - bugs the daylights out of me!

But - like I said these are pending RFEs - I'm just helping you test
your mail archives :)

--

          David Mason
        Red Hat AD Labs