FYI: Cocoon 1.7.2 works with DocBook

(Please excuse the cross-post.  This message is better suited for the
docbook-apps list than the docbook list, but since that list is only
a day old, I don't know how many people have subscribed yet.)

[Please don't do this. If you want to send the same message to both
lists, send it twice. I'd wouldn't have approved this message, but
apprently I don't have approval setup on docbook-apps yet so it already
slipped through on one list. --moderator]

FYI:

Today I downloaded Cocoon 1.7.2 from http://xml.apache.org/, and
after testing many previous releases of Cocoon with the DocBook XML
DTD and Norm's XSL stylesheets, this one finally works!

It's pretty slow, so I don't know how practical it is to serve
DocBook documents this way, but at least progress is being made.

(Note: I used basically the out-of-the-box configuration for Cocoon,
using Xalan as the XSLT processor.  It might or might not work if you
substitute XT.  Don't forget to include the necessary stylesheet and
cocoon PIs in your source XML if you want to try this.)

| Dave Makower                                 <davemak@iclick.com> |
| Manager of Portal Architecture & Development                      |
|   iClick, Inc.                 |   (914) 872-8030                 |
|   120 Bloomingdale Road        |   (914) 872-8100   fax           |
|   3rd Floor                    |   (914) 872-8000   main          |
|   White Plains, NY  10605      |   http://www.iclick.com/         |