Re: Classification of docs, Dublin Core

On Wed, 15 March 2000, Terry Allen wrote:

> | I'm looking for a way to classify DocBook documents so they can be easily
> | retrieved over the Internet. The most appropriate effort in this domain
> | seems to be the Dublin Core initiative (http://purl.org/dc) that defines
> | basic standards for metadata for documents.
>
> Are you trying to classify documents you create yourself or documents
> already created (that you cannot alter)?

Hi Terry,

Mostly documents I still have to create but also a large chunk of legacy documents that I can alter (but in the most efficient way). That's why I was thinking of a kind of Dublin Core block at the beginning of each document.

Best regards,
Torsten

/\Hast du Kummer oder Sorgen, schreib gleich morgen!
/\<torsten@britannica.com>

Get free e-mail at http://www.britannica.com