RE: Choice of environment for working with Docbook?

     One package I've found that may do the trick is LyX. It has a linuxdoc
     output mode, which is SGML. I can't imagine it being too difficult to
     implement a basic DocBook output filter in LyX. I haven't had time yet
     to dive into the customization of LyX, but this may be a nice, free
     answer. And there's a Win32 version of it.

     Has anyone tried this?

Yes, but for \tex, not SGML!

Looked very competant for tex.

Regards, DaveP