Re: classsynopsis and style sheets

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Stefan Seefeld <seefelds@magellan.umontreal.ca> was heard to say:
> | I'm looking for style sheets which support the new docbook 4.0
> | entities. I'm working on a source code documentation tool and
> | want to write a formatter plugin for docbook. Where can I find
> | the missing pieces ?
>
> What do you mean by "entities". Unfortunately "entities" have a
> specific technical meaning in XML and I don't think that's what
> you mean.  (I'm not trying to pick nits, honest.)

:) I mean 'things' like classsynopsis, methodsynopsis etc. Aren't
these entities in the XML terminology ? I grabbed the examples from
your documentation. What do I need to compile them (postscript, html,
doesn't really matter) ?

> Are there specific 4.0 elements that you want to use? Which ones?
> Formatted with XSL stylesheets or DSSSL stylesheets or something
> else?

I want to write a formatter which traverses my syntax tree and creates
a reference manual from it. The tree contains declarations of classes,
methods, functions and other language specific constructs.
So I want to make use of the new OO related stuff. Since I'm not writing
the style sheets myself, I don't really care whether to use XSL or DSSSL,
as long as the tools (jade etc.) can deal with them.

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal