Re: FAQ, archives, figures and tables

 > > | the 'width' attribute (but I don't know what units I may use), the
 > > | 'depth' attribute and the 'scalefit' attribute (setting it to "1"
 > > | doesn't seem to do anything). The only thing that seems to work is the
 > > | 'scale' attribut, which isn't what I want since I want my figures to
 > > | be exactly as wide as the text width ("\textwidth" in LaTeX).
 > >
 > > Hmmm. Scalefit=1 and setting the width ought to do it, although
 > > I don't promise that it works in the TeX backend. Generally, I
 > > find it easier to make the figures the right size, but if you
 > > only care about a single backend, you might get it to work.

I don't read Docbook much, but I do promise that the concept of
scaling to \textwidth does exist in JadeTeX. if scale-type is
"max-uniform", and max-width is the textwidth, then JadeTeX should do
the right thing. If it doesn't do what you expect, its one of

 a) me misunderstanding the DSSSL spec in JadeTeX
 b) Norm misunderstanding the DSSSL spec in the stylesheets
 c) my making a mistake in the coding in JadeTeX

but I am fairly sure that this *did* work when I implemented it

Sebastian Rahtz (jadetex owner)

PS apologies for continued non-appearance of jadetex 2.12, still
waiting for me to integrate some important work by Simon Pepping. as
ever, help with JadeTeX is most welcome (I do suffer from the
disadvantage that I don't use DSSSL any more, and never have used
Docbook :-})