Re: docbook->compiled winhelp

/ "Joannes Vandermeulen" <jv@namahn.com> was heard to say:
| Adept Editor has such a module

I think (since I wrote it :-) that it's an HTML Help module, not
a WinHelp module. (Although there are some in-house tools for
building WinHelp as well, built around OmniMark I believe.)

If I said it works very well, would you believe me? :-)

| You could, of course, build one yourself. It should not be that
| hard.

No, it's fairly easy (HTMLHelp, that is, WinHelp I think would
be a lot harder, although I know of some proprietary systems
that do it (or did it)).

All you have to do is

- Do the right magic for indexterms (it's an incantation of the
  HTML <object> tag that MS's HTML Help Workshop understands.

- Hack a front-end onto the HTML stylesheets that produces the
  Contents.hhc file and the project.hhp file. Contents.hhc is just
  a special HTML TOC and project.hhp is just a text file.

And if someone puts together a free JavaHelp stylesheet, that'd
be cool, too.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The shortness of life can neither
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | dissuade us from its pleasures,
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | nor console us for its