Docbook-help

hi ,
There are couple of things for which i need clarification
i have seen on this list some people using additional parameters like this
 > <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
> <!ENTITY dbstyle PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML
> Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
i thought that if you use <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
this should load all the neccessary style sheets etc please correct me on this
if i am wrong.incidentally this is taking care of my need and produces decent
enough output .
since Docbook prohibits recursive sect more than level 6 and too many section
is supposed to produce erratic behaviour i have been doing this
<sect 1> my stuff goes here<sect1>
as many times i want , in this case  i have used 27 times

this is solving my problem but this also has a side effect :in that
particular chapter it produces a table of content at the begining of the page
listing out all the sections ,i dont mind this but not at the begining of the
chapter is it possible to change this
the present out put is like this
toc
para