No Subject

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

concerning revions of documents

> > Oh, the semantics of effectivity attributes are all a bit loose.

I'm faced with the very same problem right now.  I lea towards
introducing a revision attribute.

I also have the need to print both the revions onto *one* sheet of
dead trees.  Those should be marked *somehow*.  I'd really prefer a
sideline sosofo for that, but jade won't make one.

Any1 an idea how this could be done?

> my-custom-script.pl -V version2.1 myfile.xml > myfile-2.1.xml
> jade [jade options] myfile-2.1.xml
> my-custom-script.pl -V version2.2 myfile.xml > myfile-2.2.xml
> jade [jade options] myfile-2.2.xml
> Also, our documentation leader prefers DSSSL :-)

As I already have a two pass processing in place for other reasons,
I'll probably add something like that.  But I'd do in within the first
pass, which uses jade with the sgml backend (to the pleasure of your
documentation leader) to produce one big sgml file fed to stdin of the
second pass.

There is the default rule, which would have to be modified approx like
this (untested):

(default (output-element))

(define (output-element #!optional (node (current-node)))
  (if (member (attribute-string "revision" node) included-revisions)
    (if (node-property "must-omit-end-tag?" node)
      (make empty-element
        attributes: (copy-attributes))
      (make element
        attributes: (copy-attributes)))
    (empty-sosofo)))

"included-revisions" would have to be set up as a list of strings.

Sure that won't give address the sideline at all.

/Jerry

--
        You can have it done fast,
        you can have it done cheap,