Re: DocBook-XML and conditional sections

On Tuesday 28 September 1999, at 10 h 4, the keyboard of "David L. Hintz"
<dlh@MetaphaseTech.com> wrote:

> We do this sort of thing all the time, but in our system (which, by the
> way, isn't DocBook) it's coded as:
>
>          <title>Frobbing your %cpuversion; Processor</title>
>
> which isn't at all yucky.

But it doesn't allow you to do:

<sparc>
This is the first release on the Sparc, so be careful.
</sparc>
<alpha>
This is only the second release on the Alpha, but it is getting better.
</alpha>
... Text for all architectures...

Of course, you could define &arch-warning; but it can be a lot of entities to define if you have many such conditional bits of text.