Re: DocBook-XML and conditional sections

Bonjour Stéphane and Hello others,

C'est ainsi que Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@debian.org) s'exprimait:

] OK, you mean:
]
] my-custom-script.pl -V version2.1 myfile.xml > myfile-2.1.xml
] jade [jade options] myfile-2.1.xml
] my-custom-script.pl -V version2.2 myfile.xml > myfile-2.2.xml
] jade [jade options] myfile-2.2.xml

In fact, that was my concern with the language problem I reported earlier
in this list.

I choose that approach, which renders the source a bit more complex to
read, but aloow to maintain one document for 2 languages.

And in order to avoid to develop a new script to do that, I have used
wml to generate the variants (which it does beautifully) + some other
nice things I didn't find in DocBook directly (I know I should change
probably the DSSSL to handle that but I'm not expert enough to begin with
such things ;-) I may change my mind later of course !

I have created a new tag <urlsgml> that wml handles, which generates
the text *and* the link to the text.

Ex:

<urlsgml>http://www.hp.com/go/linux</urlsgml>

instead of

<ulink url="http://www.hp.com/go/linux">http://www.hp.com/go/linux</ulink>

In fact I need both tags in my document.

The patch is obvious and short so I put it below if it's of some use to
any of you.

Of course, I'm a vim user, so it may cause problems with Emacs PSGML :-)

Greetngs,
Bruno.

PS: BTW, I'm always a DocBook newbie, so I may be completely wrong in
my approach. It's just, at that point of time, the way I have.
--
Bruno Cornec  Centre de compétences Logiciels Libres Tél: 01 69 33 73 14
                      Médasys Digital Systems        Fax: 01 69 33 73 02

urlsgml.src