Re: DAVENPORT: Indent equivalent for DocBook

/ "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@virgin.net> was heard to say:
|      is there any sort of 'get-rid-of-included-white-space'
| program around? Is this 'normalisation'?
| (or does that mean Norm has to write it <sorry Norm/>)

It would be possible to adjust the stylesheets so that they trim
leading whitespace in, for example PARAs, but it would make the
stylesheets much slower. Trimming all occurances of multiple
whitespace anywhere except in verbatim environments would make
them c...r...a...w...l.

The easy answer is...don't do that.

| staff to do this regularly; think what they would
| have said if I had installed emacs on their machines

They would have thanked you profusely, naturally. Oh, it might
have taken a week or two, but they would have come around
eventually.

| Therein lies RSI?

Nope. Most of the RSI problems I hear about these days have to
do with fiddling with that darned mouse. Never need to do that
in emacs<grin/>

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Resist the urge to hurry; it will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | only slow you down--Bruce Eckel