DAVENPORT: Changing title page contents

According to the Norman Walsh's doc-book stylesheet docs, I should be able
to change what elements are on the title page by setting the variables
book-titlepage-recto-elements and book-titlepage-verso-elements, but if
I set either, my title page disappears completely. Here's what I have:

(define (book-titlepage-recto-elements)
  (list (normalize "title")(normalize "author")))

(define (book-titlepage-verso-elements)
  (list (normalize "releaseinfo")
	(normalize "copyright")
        (normalize "pubdate")
        (normalize "revhistory")))

I've tried different combinations, variations in syntax, putting the
names in all caps, etc. I don't get any error messages, just no
title page :-(. I've tried setting one (verso vs. recto) and not the
other -- no joy.

If anyone can shed some light, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Steve Greenland | Ellipsys, Inc. | greenland@ellipsysconsulting.com

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody
thinks of complaining.--Jeff Raskin