Re: DAVENPORT: "Using a Split Document" with Emacs/PSGML

I have in the past used the emacs "local variables" hack for this: at
the end of the document, I include:

<!--
Local Variables:
sgml-parent-document: ("netdesign.sgml" "bibliography" "bibliodiv")
End:
-->

for a document "netdesign-bib.sgml" that begins

<bibliodiv>
  <TITLE>
    <ACRONYM>RFC</ACRONYM>s</TITLE>

"netdesign.sgml" itself begins
<!doctype article PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN" [
 <!ENTITY bib SYSTEM "netdesign-bib.sgml">
]>

<article>

and ends

  <bibliography>
    &bib;
  </bibliography>
</article>

So, I'd *guess* that the change in your file would be to take
 '(sgml-parent-document (quote memoire\.sgml book chapter chapter) t)
and instead make it
 '(sgml-parent-document (list "memoire.sgml" "book" "chapter") t)

ie, strings not symbols.  I'll note that it makes *far* more sense to
do this in a local-variables stanza, since it really is a file-local
thing; also, note the use of strings instead of tokens - I'm assuming
that psgml-mode hasn't changed in that respect, I can still open the
file and c-c c-o it...

Hope this helps.

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd Of Kittens