DAVENPORT: Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

Bart Schuller wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 03:30:41PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > I'm trying to use DocBook (more exactly DocBk) for texts which are not in
> > English. Debian packages docbook-stylesheets and docbook-xml (and jade).
> > <http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc/custom.html#AEN187> gives a method which
> > does not work.
>
> I got it to work (also using the XML version) using the following
> mydocbook.dsl. Basically, (define %default-language% "fr") should be all
> that's needed.

I'm pretty new to this, but it looks like you want to have an entry in the
catalog file for that.  The doctype declaration shouldn't be:

> <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN">

but rather something like:

> <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//FR">

The "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//FR" entry in the catalog file
should use (define %default-language% "fr") and include the default (//EN)
stylesheet.

Repeat for DocBK and so forth.  That should help by keeping the FR version
in a common place, rather than copying it around for every document.

-- Adam