Re: introduction+first question

maarten de boer wrote:

> My first question to the list is:
> Which stylesheets should I best use? The
> ones from Norman Walsh or the ones from
> the RPM's (Cygnus)

Basically they are the same. If I am not wrong, the RPM ones (the Cygnus
ones) include the Norman's modular stylesheets version 1.44, a couple of
scripts and some Cygnus DSSSL stylesheet customizations by Mark Galassi.
On the contrary, the ones from Norman Walsh are more up to date (I think
they are version 1.46 or 1.47).

If you think that it is better to update only when it is really
necessary, it is  a good idea to stay with the rpm ones. If you need any
of the bug fixes available in 1.45, 1.46 or 1.47 (Norman Walsh keeps a
good ChangeLog for these purposes), or to help Norman find and fix bugs
or missing features, get the zip file from Norman's web page and install
the stylesheets yourself, but bear in mind that you will not have the
advantages of the rpm packaging system. (Another solution if you feel
comfortable with rpm is to download and "patch" the
stylesheets-0.10.src.rpm from cygnus to use the  most up to date
Norman's stylesheets). Up to you.

Regards,
Ramon.