RE: looking for Framemaker -> SGML DocBook DTD (and DkBk -> Fmk) free tools

A recent version (I use 1.2.1) of Jade includes a MIF backend (use the
option '-t mif'), created by Kathleen Marszalek and Paul Prescod and
sponsored by ISOGEN. There's a description of the features and
shortcomings of the MIF backend in the documentation (in the
distribution or look at http://www.jclark.com/jade/mif.htm).

Cris Maden has made a description of O'Reilly's use of DSSSL stylesheets
available at
http://www.oreilly.com/people/staff/crism/dsssl/orastyle/index.html.
You'll get unstructured MIF, of course, which should be OK if you don't
plan to edit in Frame.

For Mark Galassi's FrameMaker+SGML application, see
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/framemaker. It is
not production quality, but a starting point. We'd like to contribute,
should someone feel the urge to move this a bit forward.

Cygnus and Mark Galassi have, BTW, made a suite of SGML/DocBook RPMs for
Linux available. Look at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools.
This is a set of RPMs with Jade, DocBook, jadetex, psgml, and DocBook
stylesheets. It corresponds in concept and contents to the set of tools
available at http://www.sgmltools.org/download.html, or the RPM
contributed by Hugo van der Kooij available at
ftp://ftp.nllgg.nl/pub/sgmltools or at RedHat repositories,
contrib/libc6/i386/sgmltools-CVS19990807-2.i386.rpm.

Kind regards,
Peter Ring