Re: Any luck with DocBook/SGML 3.1 with Red Hat 7.3?

On Thursday 04 July 2002 08:33, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > The problem with the docbook-utils.dsl file is:
> > - that it is shared among all users
> > - that you need root access to modify it
> >
> > But I think that someone can simply achieve what we are speaking about by
> > copying this file locally in his/her home directory, changing the desired
> > options, and specifying on the command line that this file has to be used
> > with the -d option.
>
> Indeed, that's what I meant.

I guessed so, I just tried to answer in advance to objections that could be
made to you ;-)

> > Of course, jw and others could try such a local
> > $HOME/.docbook-utils.dsl file without the user having to say that it
> > should be used.
>
> That would be a good idea, yes.

... and an old one too, we just never found the time to implement it.

It also has the little complication that "jw" is not docbook-specific. "jw"
could be used with TEI for example, so that local file name should depend on
the DTD that is being used.

--
Éric Bischoff