Re: .pdf generation error using the "newer" tools

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Eric Bischoff wrote:

> The two -c and -d flags should not be necessary. But they ensure you use
> "bare bones" Norman Walsh's stuff, and not our default stylesheet.

Okay, I tried it again by just using the docbook2pdf helloworld.docbook
and still ran into some problems. Here's what I get with the same
helloworld document:

  docbook2pdf helloworld.docbook
  Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-3.0.cat
  Using stylesheet:
  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.5.5/docbook-utils.dsl#print
  Working on: /home/wbrooks/box/work/foo/helloworld.docbook
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
  (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

So it looks like the correct version of the DTD and stylesheets are
getting used for this document, but it can't get pdfTeX to even begin
generating a .pdf file.

> If you volunteer to update the web pages, to me you're welcome ;-).
> Mark?

Absolutely, I can either mail a patch to the existing web page or change
something in a CVS repository somewhere.

> TeX classical problem. The default configuration files do not allow
> enough resources for docbook.
> [...]
>
> I think we have a corrected version on the web site. Attached is also a
> patch we use at KDE.

My texmf.cnf file is substantially different than yours so applying the
patch failed. Can you send the whole file? Thanks in advance.

Bill