Re: The DocBook XML dtd, XML:FO and .pdf's

/ Bill Brooks <wbrooks@lug.ee.calpoly.edu> was heard to say:
| Has anyone had any luck inserting .pdf's into a docbook document using
| the XML version of the DocBook DTD as one can with the SGML version?

Note that you can use the DSSSL stylesheets with XML, you don't have
to use XSL. (I mention this only because XSL processors aren't all
that robust yet, not because I don't wholeheartedly endorse XSL.)

| I'm using Norm's DocBook XML DTD version 3.1.7, fop 0.14.0 with the most
| recent versions of Xalan. Here's what I get when I attempt to do that:

You should switch to OASIS DocBook XML V4.1.2 when you have a chance.
(There shouldn't be any gotcha's, but that's now the official version.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A man may by custom fortify himself