Re: Jade for Intel

Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to DocBook, the open source world, and not very familiar with UNIX,
> so please bear with me if my question seems.
>
> I want to generate HTML and PS from DocBook files. I want to do it on a
> Win32 platform. In this newsgroup I read "both Jade and the modular
> stylesheets come prepackaged for Windows, so you don't have to do a
> difficult build process". I have been unable to locate where I can do this
> on your site. The following location seems the most obvious:
> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/SOURCES/, but I can't
> find it here.
>
> Any suggestions?

The DocBook-tools packages are for Unix and even more specifically for
Linux.

You'll have to assemble yourself all the individual components. It's
those components that are prepackaged for Windows, but not at the
docbook-tools. Or you'll have to change your operating system.

BTW, Mark, what about making the "new-trials" directory the "official"
"docware" directory now? Of course after having solved the last problems
and especially the one with the PSGML package:

	.elc files seem to be platform-dependant (can anyone confirm?) or to be
	incompatible between xemacs and gnu-emacs (can someone confirm?)

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.