Re: new tools coming and a couple of renamings

    esr> Seriously, I would probably be firm that it ain't worth the
    esr> hassle if it weren't for the fact that that "db" prefix looks
    esr> like it has something to do with databases.  Removing
    esr> ambiguity is good.  On the other hand, it's proper Unix
    esr> tradition to have short names for a reason -- it saves typing
    esr> for hapless fumble-fingers like me.

C'mon Eric!

You can make aliases for these commands. It will only cost you extra
typing once. :-)

Unix is wonderful in it's resources. Let's not just worry with long
names if it can be solved with extra aliases.

Another ambiguity that was solved by choosing this name is the
association with IBM's DB2.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.