Re: I'm trying to set up docbook-tools...

Norm's thought process for not documenting a specific set of tools is
quite valid: the various tool sets were immature then, and are still
so now.

Let's not forget that the whole thread began because the person who
started it did not read the docbook-tools home page: that home page
points you to my tutorial which has a "get going" approach and an
appendix on downloading and installing the tools.  There are also many
examples of how to run the tools.

The main fault in my get-going document is that it is not up-to-date,
but since the packages have changed little, it is no big deal.

As the list maintainer I have asked the person who posted insulting
messages to not do so.  Sadly they continued to do so.

I recommend that everyone ignore these inflammatory posts and get back
to contributing useful information.