Re: I'm trying to set up docbook-tools...

"Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> writes:

> David, you ain't *seen* me being insulting yet.  So far, all I've
> done is call a spade a spade.  You, and Deb, and Mark, and Norman,
> can start being offended the day I don't respect you enough to
> criticize your work.  Criticism is the tribute you pay adults who
> are capable of better than they have done.  Indifference or
> dismissal would be the real insult.

I will at this point simply have to ignore. Not as an insult, rather,
I thought I could get something constructive that I could personally
add to the DocBook Tools project and the use of DocBook in
general. All I have gotten is repeated insults of my friends.

I do not subscribe to your definition of an insult. I tend to believe
that to treat someone with indignity is the real definition of an
insult. To treat Bob Young (who I can assure you is not on this list
to defend himself) with the words you have chosen, is to treat with
indignity. Period.

Besides I find more in one post from Ed than I have of all the posts
you have given us so far. The more I try to figure out what it is you
want or need I find that the old saying remains true: "For every
action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

And with that, I will sign off with Mr Richard Livingstone's quote:

"...criticism is only the burying beetle that gets rid of what is
dead, and, since the world lives by creative and constructive forces,
and not by negation and destruction, it is better to grow up in the
company of prophets than of critics."

Dave